Friday, January 22, 2010

Views on Foreign Terrorists...

In one of the previous threads I was asked to clarify some of my views.

First, I believe that U.S. citizens that are members of a foreign terrorist network should receive different treatment than non-U.S. citizens. The DoD interrogation manual is very weak and its techniques are appropriate for U.S. citizens awaiting trial. Placing foreign terrorists under protection of our legal framework feeds will feed into propaganda just the same as Gitmo. How we should handle this is in my second point.

Second, I believe in fighting extremism by, with, and through popular moderate channels. Al Qaeda and their franchises are a death cult based off of Islam; they are not Muslims. Similar to the Cold War era NATO and Warsaw Pact formations, we need to create an international shura council and shari'a court to advise military actions and provide a legal basis for military actions within a true Islamic framework.

For my views on confirmed, convicted foreign death cult terrorists attempting to attack the U.S., the last word goes to Samuel Jackson.